If you're in the process of landscaping your property, either designing for the first time, or redesigning your current space, it is important to understand how each element of your yard works for the benefit of your home and itself. Let's dive in and explore some reasons why adding hedges to your property are a good idea!
1. Privacy and Shade: With the sun shining bright, creating a private and shady oasis in your backyard is a must. Consider using hedging plants like Leyland cypress or bamboo to create a natural living fence. Not only will they provide much-needed privacy, but they'll also offer shade to beat the scorching heat.
2. Noise Reduction: If you live in a bustling neighborhood or near a busy road, hedging can act as a natural sound barrier. Plants like boxwood or Italian cypress can help absorb noise, allowing you to relax and enjoy a quieter outdoor experience.
3. Pest Control: Summer can sometimes bring unwanted guests like mosquitos and flies. Certain hedging plants, such as lavender or rosemary, have natural insect-repellent properties. Planting them strategically around your outdoor space can help keep those pesky bugs at bay.
4. Aesthetics: Who doesn't love a beautifully landscaped garden? Hedging can be a great way to add visual appeal to your outdoor space. You can play around with different types of hedges, like flowering varieties such as hydrangeas or fragrant options like jasmine, to create a stunning and inviting atmosphere.
5. Energy Efficiency: Did you know that hedging can help reduce energy consumption in your home? By planting hedges strategically around your property, you can create natural shade that can keep your house cooler, thus reducing the need for excessive air conditioning. Plus, it's an eco-friendly way to save on your energy bills!
Remember, it's always important to consider the specific climate and conditions in your area when choosing hedging plants. Using an expert can go a long way in ensuring your hedging efforts are successful. Call us today!